Hardcore Superstar-Top 5 Videos
Hardcore Superstar isn’t all that well-known in the US, but they’re one of the most successful Swedish glam/sleaze bands out there today…honestly, they’re one of very few that actually make enough money to support themselves with their music. They’ll be playing their very first US show (that I know of, anyway) at the Rock Gone Wild Festival next year, which is awesome to hear. This is a pretty good deal for all involved, and having them as headliners is definitely a major draw for the Festival, as it might be a long time before we Americans get to see this band here in the States again.
I’m not going to pretend this is my favorite Swedish band (they aren’t…I like them a lot, but there are still others that win the crown for me) but ever since hearing they were set to play at RGW, I’ve been listening to them pretty consistently. I would say it’s to help me get pumped up for the show, but since I honestly don’t have the money to take an extra vacation to Iowa next summer, that probably won’t happen. So, I guess I’m just pretending I’m there.
Anyway, Top Five HCSS videos, hand-picked by yours truly.
5) Someone Special-this song has really grown on me since I first heard it. Give it a listen or two, you’ll see.
4) Still I’m Glad. I wish I could put this up higher on the list, but since there are only 5 places, there isn’t much room to move things around. I really like this song. Seriously catchy. They can’t be THAT old, though…can they? I know they’ve been around 10 years or so, but gosh. This song makes it seem like they’re at the end of their lives or something.
3) We Don’t Celebrate Sundays. This song is great and I really, really like this video, but it irks me at the same time. Musically, I could listen to it all day. Lyrically, I can’t. I have no problem with you if you don’t believe in the same religion as I do…I understand that. I won’t even get mad if you write a song about why you don’t believe. Usually I can learn from those, too. But this song just strikes me as having so much hostility toward religion…I don’t really get it. And they call me a “thick” person for believing in God? what is that supposed to mean?? Anyway, I can’t really decide what to do with this song, but I like it enough musically to stick it in here, and I think it is one of their stronger songs. So I’ll put it right in the middle.
2) Dreamin’ In A Casket. I would have put this first because I like the song so much , but honestly…I hate the video. Its too dark. So it slipped out of the #1 spot to #2.
1) Shame. This might be an unusual choice, I don’t know. But it definitely wins the prize for me, and I think if I were to introduce a newcomer to HCSS, this is the song I’d want to show them. I think its a really solid representation of what the band is about-cool and fun, but underneath maybe a little dangerous. The song is great, and the video cracks me up every time. Plus, Jocke seemed sleazier than usual, haha.
All I got for now. That was fun!!
Rock on 🙂